Ceramics repaired by Kintsugi are not restored to their original state.
Although they can be used on a daily basis, they need to be treated with a little more care than before.
Some usage may cause it to be damaged again after it has been repaired.
After repair, be careful of the following five things.
Do not use a dishwasher
Please refrain from using a dishwasher, as it may cause damage and gold to peel off.
When washing, use a soft sponge to wash gently.
Do not use a microwave oven
Using a microwave oven is dangerous because of the possibility of sparks coming from the seams or an explosion.
As with dishwashers, please refrain from using microwave ovens.
Do not put over an open flame
Pouring boiling water over it is acceptable, but placing it over an open flame can cause damage.
Continuous exposure to boiling steam should also be avoided.
Do not rub the seams hard
The gold layer is very thin, so rubbing it hard or scratching it with a hard object may cause the gold or urushi coating to peel off.
Do not use it for a month after the repair is complete
In fact, when urushi hardens, there are two stages of reaction that take place.
The first stage is a reaction that takes in moisture from the air and hardens the urushi so that it is safe to touch within a few days.
The second stage is a reaction that takes another 20 days to several months to harden to the core.
If this second stage reaction is not completed properly, the strength of the urushi will not be sufficiently enhanced and may cause damage.